Wednesday, November 03, 2004

All Souls' Day

For none of us has life in himself,
and none becomes his own master when he dies.
For if we have life, we are alive in the Lord,
and if we die, we die in the Lord.
So, then, whether we live or die,
we are the Lord's possession.


Out of the deep have I called unto thee, O LORD;
Lord, hear my voice.


God is our hope and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be moved,

and though the hills be carried into the midst of the sea.


Whither shall I go then from thy Spirit?
or whither shall I go then from thy presence?
If I climb up into heaven, thou art there;

if I go down to hell, thou art there also.
If I take the wings of the morning,

and remain in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there also shall thy hand lead me,

and thy right hand shall hold me.
If I say, Peradventure the darkness shall cover me,

then shall my night be turned to day.
Yea, the darkness is no darkness with thee, but the night is as clear as day;

the darkness and light to thee are both alike.


Sitting here obsessively checking election preliminary results. Feeling slightly ill at the thought of so many people voting for Bush even after the past four years.

No comments: