Sunday, June 13, 2004

roommates

I've been thinking a lot recently about moving out. November seems awfully close. I'm (I assume) going to be living on my own for the first time ever--no family, no housemates, no dorm-buddies. My space. All mine. My underwear festooned about the livingroom to dry; my dishes in the sink for as long as I want to leave them there. And nobody else's dishes there, either; and no seven-liters-of-soymilk-and-six-of-OJ cluttering up the fridge; and no conflicts about who gets to watch movies tonight; and no friends-of-friends showing up unannounced to crash on the livingroom floor so that I step on them when I'm going to work at 4 am...nobody with an eerie sense of timing such that he always starts taking a long shower at the precise moment when I realize I need to pee really really badly...nobody to make animal noises with while cooking pasta...nobody to hassle me when I come in at an unseemly hour...nobody to sit around the kitchen table with me, gossiping about ancient empires and current friends....

Man I'm going to miss you guys.

No comments: